A Good Cause
Carolina Herrera teamed up with the Society of Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center for a fall fete.
What: The Associates Committee of the Society of Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center’s Fall Party, this year sponsored by Carolina Herrera. Proceeds (which added up to $530,000) helped fund the Pediatric Sarcoma initiative, clinical trials in treatment of bone and muscle cancer in children and young adults.
When: Wednesday, November 13th
Where: The Four Seasons restaurant. Cocktails began in the Grill Room, dinner was at candlelit tables in the Pool Room, with dessert back in the Grill Room as Paul Sevigny deejayed.
Who: Carolina Herrera; co-chairs Hayley Bloomingdale, Joanna Baker de Neufville, Emilia Fanjul Pfeiffler, and Cynthia Cook Smith; honorary chair Patricia Herrera Lansing. The young-ish crowd was so chatty during cocktails that it took multiple announcements and dimmings of the lights to get them to their tables.
Why: An inspiring cause and a gorgeous tableau to support it—at times the scene looked like a campaign for Herrera, what with all the girls decked out in the label’s gowns.Follow Us:
Follow us on Facebook
- PeopleHow Lourdes Leon, Madonna's 20-Year-Old Daughter, Went from Wearing Juicy Couture to Alexander Wang
- FashionGeorgian Street Style Comes into Its Own at Tbilisi Fashion Week
- PeopleThe Best Celebrity Halloween Costumes of All Time
- FashionSeoul Fashion Week's Best Streetwise Street Style Isn't Just for Grown-Ups
- CultureTake a Peek at New York's Most Eligible Nudes