A Good Cause
Carolina Herrera teamed up with the Society of Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center for a fall fete.
What: The Associates Committee of the Society of Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center’s Fall Party, this year sponsored by Carolina Herrera. Proceeds (which added up to $530,000) helped fund the Pediatric Sarcoma initiative, clinical trials in treatment of bone and muscle cancer in children and young adults.
When: Wednesday, November 13th
Where: The Four Seasons restaurant. Cocktails began in the Grill Room, dinner was at candlelit tables in the Pool Room, with dessert back in the Grill Room as Paul Sevigny deejayed.
Who: Carolina Herrera; co-chairs Hayley Bloomingdale, Joanna Baker de Neufville, Emilia Fanjul Pfeiffler, and Cynthia Cook Smith; honorary chair Patricia Herrera Lansing. The young-ish crowd was so chatty during cocktails that it took multiple announcements and dimmings of the lights to get them to their tables.
Why: An inspiring cause and a gorgeous tableau to support it—at times the scene looked like a campaign for Herrera, what with all the girls decked out in the label’s gowns.Follow Us:
Follow us on Facebook
- FashionLondon Street Style Stars Aren't Afraid to Let Their Sartorial Freak Flag Fly
- FashionGucci's Fall 2017 Collection Will Be the Only Good Thing Left After the Apocalypse
- PeopleRocco Ritchie, Madonna's Son, and Girlfriend Are London's Answer to Jaden Smith and Sarah Snyder
- BeautyCalling All Korean Beauty Fans: Your Favorite Masks and Cutting-Edge Products Are Coming to Nordstrom
- CultureRon Mueck's Giant Sculptures of People Are Mesmerizing, Very Unsettling