A Good Cause
Carolina Herrera teamed up with the Society of Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center for a fall fete.
What: The Associates Committee of the Society of Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center’s Fall Party, this year sponsored by Carolina Herrera. Proceeds (which added up to $530,000) helped fund the Pediatric Sarcoma initiative, clinical trials in treatment of bone and muscle cancer in children and young adults.
When: Wednesday, November 13th
Where: The Four Seasons restaurant. Cocktails began in the Grill Room, dinner was at candlelit tables in the Pool Room, with dessert back in the Grill Room as Paul Sevigny deejayed.
Who: Carolina Herrera; co-chairs Hayley Bloomingdale, Joanna Baker de Neufville, Emilia Fanjul Pfeiffler, and Cynthia Cook Smith; honorary chair Patricia Herrera Lansing. The young-ish crowd was so chatty during cocktails that it took multiple announcements and dimmings of the lights to get them to their tables.
Why: An inspiring cause and a gorgeous tableau to support it—at times the scene looked like a campaign for Herrera, what with all the girls decked out in the label’s gowns.Follow Us:
Follow us on Facebook
- CultureRemembering Elizabeth Taylor, the Original Angelina Jolie
- PeopleFrom Kate Moss to Paris Hilton: What 25 Famous Women Wore to Their Birthday Parties
- PeopleObviously, Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt's Divorce Is Now Picture Perfect
- FashionAll the Fantastically Unconventional Street Style from Tokyo Fashion Week
- FashionRaf Simons on His New Textile Designs, Massive Art Collection, Beloved Dog, and Stuffed Animals