Parties » Dining With The Swiss
Dining With The Swiss
Institute, that is.
What: The Swiss Institute’s Annual Benefit Dinner and Auction.
Where: The Soho headquarters of the non-profit cultural center, which fosters an artistic exchange between Switzerland and the United States, through exhibitions, programs and funding.
When: Tuesday, November 5th
Who: Rachel and Jean-Pierre Lehmann, who were presented with the SI award; Sylvie Fleury, who received the SI artist tribute; Jeff and Justine Koons; Tracey Emin; Richard Phillips; Maria Baibakova; curator Philippe Vergne, and a smattering of emerging artists like Hugh Scott-Douglas and Carissa Rodriguez. Simon de Pury led a rousing live auction.
Why: The Swiss Institute began in 1986 in two living rooms in an Upper West Side townhouse. It now occupies the former Deitch Projects space in Soho, thanks in part to events like this.Follow Us:
Follow us on Facebook
- PeopleFrom Caroline Kennedy to Lindsay Lohan, the Best White House Correspondents Dinner Pictures Ever
- CultureMeet Tei Shi, the Indie Darling Adored by Grimes
- CelebritiesFrom Princess Diana to Kate Moss to Brad and Gwyneth in Love, Dave Benett Captured the ’90s
- Fashion21 Moments That Defined 1990s Fashion
- BeautyElle MacPherson Has No Guilty Pleasures. Well, Except for Whipped Cream