Dining With The Swiss
Institute, that is.
What: The Swiss Institute’s Annual Benefit Dinner and Auction.
Where: The Soho headquarters of the non-profit cultural center, which fosters an artistic exchange between Switzerland and the United States, through exhibitions, programs and funding.
When: Tuesday, November 5th
Who: Rachel and Jean-Pierre Lehmann, who were presented with the SI award; Sylvie Fleury, who received the SI artist tribute; Jeff and Justine Koons; Tracey Emin; Richard Phillips; Maria Baibakova; curator Philippe Vergne, and a smattering of emerging artists like Hugh Scott-Douglas and Carissa Rodriguez. Simon de Pury led a rousing live auction.
Why: The Swiss Institute began in 1986 in two living rooms in an Upper West Side townhouse. It now occupies the former Deitch Projects space in Soho, thanks in part to events like this.Follow Us:
Follow us on Facebook
- CultureOn Kanye West’s “Famous” Video, From the Artist Who Inspired It
- CelebritiesTim Burton’s New Muse Eva Green Swoops Into the Spotlight
- CultureAll the Famous Faces in Kanye West’s “Famous”
- CelebritiesNo Wonder Taylor Swift is Smitten with Tom Hiddleston
- Best DressedKristen Stewart Nails the All-Black Everything Look — Again