Valentino celebrated its new flagship store in style
What: A party celebrating the opening of Valentino’s first flagship in Shanghai, designed by architect David Chipperfield, and a runway spectacle debut of the brand’s new Shanghai ready-to-wear and Haute Couture collection, which will be available in stores next April.
Where: The bedazzling Shanghai International Cruise Terminal, whose 40,000 square meters of space include a riverside park and suspended enclosures dubbed the “Shanghai Chandelier.”
When: Thursday, November 14th
Who: Valentino designers Maria Grazia Chiuri and Pierpaolo Piccioli were joined by a mix of models and actresses like Du Juan, Hanne Gabe Odiele, and Jun Hasegawa. Guests enjoyed views of the city’s futuristic skyline, lounged on votive-lit louche red sofas and were serenaded by opera soprano Elisa Balbo before the Djs Sean and Anthony Souza took over.
Why: This marked the opening of Valentino’s second largest flagship in the world (the first is in Milan) and the first time the brand has developed a city-specific collection.Follow Us:
Follow us on Facebook
- PeopleExclusive: Kylie Jenner Takes Her Friends On a Very Photogenic Birthday Trip to Turks and Caicos
- People10 Things You Should Know About Bronte Blampied, Justin Bieber's New Girlfriend
- CultureFrom Lake Como to Bali, The Most Luxurious Hotel Pools Around the Globe
- CultureHow a Young Photographer Went From School to Shooting Kylie and Kendall Jenner
- Culture'Top Chef' Host Tom Colicchio Takes Us on an Early Tour of The Beekman, and His New Restaurant Fowler & Wells