Valentino celebrated its new flagship store in style
What: A party celebrating the opening of Valentino’s first flagship in Shanghai, designed by architect David Chipperfield, and a runway spectacle debut of the brand’s new Shanghai ready-to-wear and Haute Couture collection, which will be available in stores next April.
Where: The bedazzling Shanghai International Cruise Terminal, whose 40,000 square meters of space include a riverside park and suspended enclosures dubbed the “Shanghai Chandelier.”
When: Thursday, November 14th
Who: Valentino designers Maria Grazia Chiuri and Pierpaolo Piccioli were joined by a mix of models and actresses like Du Juan, Hanne Gabe Odiele, and Jun Hasegawa. Guests enjoyed views of the city’s futuristic skyline, lounged on votive-lit louche red sofas and were serenaded by opera soprano Elisa Balbo before the Djs Sean and Anthony Souza took over.
Why: This marked the opening of Valentino’s second largest flagship in the world (the first is in Milan) and the first time the brand has developed a city-specific collection.Follow Us:
Follow us on Facebook
- FashionFrom Melania Trump to Jacqueline Kennedy, a History of First Ladies' Inauguration Day Style
- CultureInside the Surreal Scene at the Inauguration of President Donald J. Trump
- FashionMelania Trump Wears Baby Blue Ralph Lauren, While Michelle Obama Opts for Red
- CultureThe Women of the Women's March: Meet the Activists Who Are Planning One of the Largest Demonstrations in American History
- CultureDonald Trump's Inauguration Ball Was a Twilight Zone Featuring Caitlyn Jenner, Billionaires and Michael Flatley, Lord of the Dance