Parties » Stella McCartney Gets Ready for Fall
Stella McCartney Gets Ready for Fall
The designer feted her new collection.
What: Stella McCartney‘s Pre-Fall 2014 presentation.
When: Monday, January 13th
Where: The Harold Pratt House on Park Avenue in New York, where each room held a different surprise. The main ground-floor space had a Candyland theme, with tables of colorful confections, a chocolate fountain and a table of marzipan and cake renditions of McCartney’s signature handbags. Upstairs, one room was all kid’s play with a mini cars and a hopscotch game (in which models gleefully partook); opposite was a double-decker library with live music. “Someone should have a wedding here,” remarked Blythe Danner as she made the rounds with daughter-in-law artist Taryn Simon.
Why: For one, how often do you see models actually having fun in the clothes? The spirit was clearly infectious. Diana Taylor made one of her first post-First Lady of New York public appearances wearing a sparkly frock and fishnet tights.Follow Us:
Follow us on Facebook
- People10 Haute Bohemians Who Live Beautifully—And Make It Look Easy
- CultureHow Winnie Harlow Went from America’s Next Top Model to Beyoncé’s “Lemonade”
- BeautyInside the Unofficial Gym of Victoria’s Secret Angels
- Fashion21 Moments That Defined 1990s Fashion
- FashionEdward Enninful on the Best (And Worst) Fashion Moments of the ’90s