Parties » Take Me to the River
Take Me to the River
The artist Matthew Barney debuts his latest film at BAM
What: Over a decade after completing his original epic The Cremaster Cycle, the artists Matthew Barney and Jonathan Bepler debuted their latest odyssey, River of Fundament—an abstracted, six-hour-long loose adaptation of Norman Mailer’s Ancient Evenings. To celebrate the premiere, Barney popped champagne with his starry cast and inner circle at a private pre-show reception.
Where: Brooklyn Academy of Music’s Harvey Theater.
When: Wednesday, February 12, 2014
Who: Close friends from every corner of the creative world came to toast the artist including Maggie Gyllenhaal, Rufus Wainwright, Marina Abramovic, Kanye West, RoseLee Goldberg, and Neville Wakefield.
Why: Eight years in the making, a Barney premiere is a not-to-be-missed confluence of Hollywood and the art world.Follow Us:
Follow us on Facebook
- CelebritiesCasting Call - Eddie Redmayne as Audrey Hepburn in “Breakfast at Tiffany’s” is Incredible
- Film & TVCasting Call - Margot Robbie Auditions for Marlon Brando’s Role in “On the Waterfront"
- FashionFrench Girl Style: Inès de la Fressange’s Guide to All Things Chic
- PartiesKendall and Kylie Jenner Threw a TriBeCa Loft Party
- FashionWhy Hedi Slimane Matters