Light on Their Feet
Melissa Shoes celebrates the Campana brothers’ installation in its SoHo store.
What: As part of an ongoing collaboration with Melissa Shoes, the designing Brazilian brothers Campana created a site-specific, light installation using the brand’s iconic jellies at its store in New York. A celebration ensued.
When: Thursday, March 27th.
Where: Melissa’s SoHo Boutique.
Who: Marina Abramovic, the evening’s guest of honor, joined Humberto and Fernando Campana in feting their creations along with Nir Hod, Laura de Gunzburg, and W’s Contributing Fashion Editor Giovanna Battaglia.
Why: The Campana brothers are known for transforming unexpected materials, say plush toys into a chair. Here they made a chandelier out of plastic shoes. “The shoes are very transparent and we wanted to show off the potential that is already there,” explains Humberto. “Maybe this could suggest a message to Melissa users to make something out of the ones they don’t wear anymore.”Follow Us:
Follow us on Facebook
- CultureKim Kardashian Unveils Kanye West's "Famous" Sculpture, and Robot Kanye Makes an Appearance
- CultureKim Kardashian Unveils Kanye West's "Famous" Sculpture At Blum & Poe Gallery in Los Angeles
- PeopleExclusive: Kylie Jenner Takes Her Friends On a Very Photogenic Birthday Trip to Turks and Caicos
- PeopleMTV VMAs 2016: Beyoncé, Amber Rose, and All the Rest of the Red Carpet Looks
- PeopleSofia Richie, Justin Bieber's Rumored Girlfriend, Loves Monchromatic Outfits and Bold Braids