Parties » The xx Go Out with a Bang
The xx Go Out with a Bang
The band finished its New York run with a star-filled party
The 55,000-square foot Drill Hall at The Park Avenue Armory is a heck of a place for a dance party. On Saturday, The xx celebrated the end of its much-hyped 11-night residency in the cavernous space, with a party sponsored by Oxley Gin, Red Bull, and Lagunitas, where friends and A-listers were invited to get down after the final show to tunes spun by Dev Hynes, the producer and singer also known as Blood Orange.
“I’m going to be playing a selection of songs spanning the last 100 years,” Hynes said, rather grandly. He added, sincerely, that The xx’s intimate, final performance was “incredible, phenomenal, and masterful.” Hynes even treated the crowd, which included his girlfriend, Samantha Urbani of the Brooklyn band Friends, to ten seconds of his angelic vocalizing during the chorus of 50 Cent and Justin Timberlake’s “Ayo Technology.”
As for the hosts themselves, The xx were all smiles and high spirits. “It’s the best thing we’ve ever done,” said Jamie xx, as friends—like Kim Ann Foxman, who also hopped onto the DJ booth, and electronic duo CREEP—kept the party going. Even Madonna put in an appearance after attending the final performance. Unfortunately, Beyoncé, who likewise showed up for the last show, did not stick around for the afterparty. It was probably past Blue Ivy’s bedtime.Follow Us:
- BeautyHow to Get in Head-to-Toe Wedding Shape in Just 10 Days. Seriously.
- FashionMeet the French Designer Redefining the Travel Wardrobe
- Art & DesignStrange Fruit: Is Stephanie Sarley the Betty Tompkins of Instagram?
- CelebritiesScreen Tests - Cara Delevingne on "Suicide Squad," Justin Timberlake, and Her Childhood Obsession With Death
- BeautyWonder Woman Actress Lynda Carter Is a Sunscreen Advocate, Jazz Singer, and Hillary Clinton Fan