Parties » Engram’s Best Bet
Engram’s Best Bet
Prabal Gurung and Sophie Auster hosted a screening of a new short film by Maggie Betts
When: Monday, March 31st
Where: The Museum of Modern Art in New York City
Who: Actors Isabel Lucas and Oliver Ackland, the film’s starring couple, joined guests like Barbara Bush, Olivier Theyskens, Thakoon Panichgul, and Gurung, who had a direct hand in the project – the designer created the ethereal white gown Lucas wears in the opening sequence.
Why: Set between the Berkshires and the West 4th Street Subway Station, Betts’s film explores the notions of memory, love, and time. “A year ago my mom had surgery, and we had always known about this very traumatic experience that happened when she was 5 years old, but she could never remember any of it,” explained Betts. “When she came out of surgery, she was all of a sudden describing all of these details of the event; it all came back to her. I started researching memory and just became fascinated.”Follow Us:
Follow us on Facebook
- BeautyHow to Get in Head-to-Toe Wedding Shape in Just 10 Days. Seriously.
- FashionMeet the French Designer Redefining the Travel Wardrobe
- Art & DesignStrange Fruit: Is Stephanie Sarley the Betty Tompkins of Instagram?
- CelebritiesScreen Tests - Cara Delevingne on "Suicide Squad," Justin Timberlake, and Her Childhood Obsession With Death
- BeautyWonder Woman Actress Lynda Carter Is a Sunscreen Advocate, Jazz Singer, and Hillary Clinton Fan