And he knows how to throw a party.
Where: The 69th Regiment Armory in New York.
When: Tuesday, April 8th
Who: The man of the hour was surrounded by a bevy of charitable fashion pals—from designers like Prabal Gurung (who also served as a committee chair), Joseph Altuzarra, Steve Madden, and Dennis Basso to models such as Constance Jablonski and Nina Agdal.
Why: On top of raising funds for the Hetrick-Martin Institute, Lambda Legal, Point Foundation, and Acria—not to mention organizing one very entertaining evening—Kalinsky used the opportunity to honor LGBT activist and journalist Rob Smith. Presenting Smith with the Community Leadership Award, Kalinsky said, was an easy choice. “Rob Smith is one of the hardest working people in New York City for our community. Period. Exclamation point!” Kalinsky said with a smile. “Actually Rob’s been in my mind to honor since we started this award 3 years ago.”Follow Us:
Follow us on Facebook
- PeopleHow Lourdes Leon, Madonna's 20-Year-Old Daughter, Went from Wearing Juicy Couture to Alexander Wang
- FashionGeorgian Street Style Comes into Its Own at Tbilisi Fashion Week
- CultureWho's Who: Meet All the Beautiful People of Seoul Fashion Week
- FashionSeoul Fashion Week's Best Streetwise Street Style Isn't Just for Grown-Ups
- FashionHappy Birthday, Hillary! A Tribute to Hillary Clinton's Style Evolution, from Skirt Suit to Pantsuit