Parties » Jeffrey Cares
And he knows how to throw a party.
Where: The 69th Regiment Armory in New York.
When: Tuesday, April 8th
Who: The man of the hour was surrounded by a bevy of charitable fashion pals—from designers like Prabal Gurung (who also served as a committee chair), Joseph Altuzarra, Steve Madden, and Dennis Basso to models such as Constance Jablonski and Nina Agdal.
Why: On top of raising funds for the Hetrick-Martin Institute, Lambda Legal, Point Foundation, and Acria—not to mention organizing one very entertaining evening—Kalinsky used the opportunity to honor LGBT activist and journalist Rob Smith. Presenting Smith with the Community Leadership Award, Kalinsky said, was an easy choice. “Rob Smith is one of the hardest working people in New York City for our community. Period. Exclamation point!” Kalinsky said with a smile. “Actually Rob’s been in my mind to honor since we started this award 3 years ago.”Follow Us:
Follow us on Facebook
- PeopleFrom Caroline Kennedy to Lindsay Lohan, the Best White House Correspondents Dinner Pictures Ever
- CultureMeet Tei Shi, the Indie Darling Adored by Grimes
- CelebritiesFrom Princess Diana to Kate Moss to Brad and Gwyneth in Love, Dave Benett Captured the ’90s
- Fashion21 Moments That Defined 1990s Fashion
- BeautyElle MacPherson Has No Guilty Pleasures. Well, Except for Whipped Cream