The American Ballet Theatre’s spring gala was big on style and celebrity
Where: The preview performance, including selections from “Don Quixote,” “Cinderella,” “Coppelia” and “La Bayadere,” was held at the Metropolitan Opera House, followed by a tented dinner adjacent to the theater.
When: Monday, May 12th
Who: The evening’s honorary chair Michelle Obama was not in attendance, but the co-chairs Emily Blavatnik, Nina Rennert Davidson, Nancy McCormick, Kalliope Karella Rena, Mary Elizabeth Snow, and Monica G-S Wambold, were joined by Chris Cornell of Soundgarden, Selena Gomez, Sigourney Weaver, Zoe Kravitz, Valentino Garavani, and Amar’e and Alexis Stoudemire.
Why: You wouldn’t expect a ballet gala to draw a cross-section of fashion, music, Hollywood and even sports—though guest Victor Cruz could probably show some of the dancers a few non-barre moves.Follow Us:
Follow us on Facebook
- CultureOn Kanye West’s “Famous” Video, From the Artist Who Inspired It
- CultureAll the Famous Faces in Kanye West’s “Famous”
- CelebritiesIn Bed with TV’s Hottest Stars: Tom Hiddleston, Sarah Paulson & More
- CelebritiesTim Burton’s New Muse Eva Green Swoops Into the Spotlight
- CelebritiesScreen Tests - Kit Harington Auditioned for "Game of Thrones" With a Black Eye