The American Ballet Theatre’s spring gala was big on style and celebrity
Where: The preview performance, including selections from “Don Quixote,” “Cinderella,” “Coppelia” and “La Bayadere,” was held at the Metropolitan Opera House, followed by a tented dinner adjacent to the theater.
When: Monday, May 12th
Who: The evening’s honorary chair Michelle Obama was not in attendance, but the co-chairs Emily Blavatnik, Nina Rennert Davidson, Nancy McCormick, Kalliope Karella Rena, Mary Elizabeth Snow, and Monica G-S Wambold, were joined by Chris Cornell of Soundgarden, Selena Gomez, Sigourney Weaver, Zoe Kravitz, Valentino Garavani, and Amar’e and Alexis Stoudemire.
Why: You wouldn’t expect a ballet gala to draw a cross-section of fashion, music, Hollywood and even sports—though guest Victor Cruz could probably show some of the dancers a few non-barre moves.Follow Us:
Follow us on Facebook
- PeopleExclusive: Kylie Jenner Takes Her Friends On a Very Photogenic Birthday Trip to Turks and Caicos
- People10 Things You Should Know About Bronte Blampied, Justin Bieber's New Girlfriend
- CultureFrom Lake Como to Bali, The Most Luxurious Hotel Pools Around the Globe
- CultureHow a Young Photographer Went From School to Shooting Kylie and Kendall Jenner
- Culture'Top Chef' Host Tom Colicchio Takes Us on an Early Tour of The Beekman, and His New Restaurant Fowler & Wells