The American Ballet Theatre’s spring gala was big on style and celebrity
Where: The preview performance, including selections from “Don Quixote,” “Cinderella,” “Coppelia” and “La Bayadere,” was held at the Metropolitan Opera House, followed by a tented dinner adjacent to the theater.
When: Monday, May 12th
Who: The evening’s honorary chair Michelle Obama was not in attendance, but the co-chairs Emily Blavatnik, Nina Rennert Davidson, Nancy McCormick, Kalliope Karella Rena, Mary Elizabeth Snow, and Monica G-S Wambold, were joined by Chris Cornell of Soundgarden, Selena Gomez, Sigourney Weaver, Zoe Kravitz, Valentino Garavani, and Amar’e and Alexis Stoudemire.
Why: You wouldn’t expect a ballet gala to draw a cross-section of fashion, music, Hollywood and even sports—though guest Victor Cruz could probably show some of the dancers a few non-barre moves.Follow Us:
Follow us on Facebook
- PeopleHow Lourdes Leon, Madonna's 20-Year-Old Daughter, Went from Wearing Juicy Couture to Alexander Wang
- FashionGeorgian Street Style Comes into Its Own at Tbilisi Fashion Week
- CultureTake a Peek at New York's Most Eligible Nudes
- PeopleThe Best Celebrity Halloween Costumes of All Time
- CultureHow Kendall Jenner and Gigi Hadid Became Humanoid Creatures for W