Parties » Flying Warhol
The gala was truly up in the air
What: The Andy Warhol Museum‘s 20th anniversary gala, sponsored by PNC Financial Services.
Where: The Pittsburgh institution, where a tented dinner space featured tables accessorized with mini neon outlines of Warhol’s famous visage.
When: Saturday, May 17th
Who: Vito Schnabel, Jane Holzer, Veronica Bulgari, and Teresa Heinz Kerry were looked after by a crew of servers dressed as pilots and flight attendants (the evening’s theme was Fly Warhol). After dinner, Gloria Gaynor performed and AndrewAndrew DJ-ed.
Why: In addition to raising over $1 million, the benefit also marked the opening of the new exhibition “Halston and Warhol: Silver and Suede,” which includes, among other treasures, the legendary 1961 pillbox hat Halston made for Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis.Follow Us:
Follow us on Facebook
- PeopleFrom Caroline Kennedy to Lindsay Lohan, the Best White House Correspondents Dinner Pictures Ever
- People10 Haute Bohemians Who Live Beautifully—And Make It Look Easy
- Fashion21 Moments That Defined 1990s Fashion
- CultureHow Winnie Harlow Went from America’s Next Top Model to Beyoncé’s “Lemonade”
- BeautyInside the Unofficial Gym of Victoria’s Secret Angels