Parties » Down and Dirty
Down and Dirty
The stars come out for a screening of Filth.
On Monday night, guests gathered at the Sunshine Cinema for a Magnolia Pictures and Cinema Society-hosted screening of Filth, a psychological thriller based on the novel by Irvine Welsh, starring James McAvoy, Jamie Bell, and Imogen Poots. “I adore James,” Poots said of her co-star. “And this film’s like a playground for actors such as James who go to extraordinary lengths to deliver an astonishing performance.” And astonishing it is—McAvoy plays a misogynistic, drug-addled detective determined to get a promotion by solving a murder case. By the film’s end, his bipolar tendencies and haunting childhood memories drive him to physical and mental collapse. Poots, who plays his good-hearted colleague, was dressed at the screening like a chicer version the policewoman she portrays on screen: in a Rag & Bone pinstripe suit with her hair swept back in a messy bun. “They can do no wrong!” she said of David Neville and Marcus Wainwright, the Rag & Bone design duo. After the film, boldfaced moviegoers including as Sting, Annabelle Dexter-Jones, Zachary Quinto, Condola Rashad, Genevieve Jones, and Vanessa Redgrave took in the view from the windy rooftop of the James Hotel, sipping on-theme cocktails with names like Detective’s Dream.Follow Us:
Follow us on Facebook
- BeautyGeneration Athleisure: How 21-Year-Olds Can Stop The Clock, Really
- CultureDaphne Guinness: Always a Strange Bird, Now With Songs
- FashionThe Montauk Moment: The Best Swimsuits of Summer Are Revealing In All the Right Ways
- Art & DesignStrange Fruit: Is Stephanie Sarley the Betty Tompkins of Instagram?
- CelebritiesScreen Tests - Cara Delevingne on "Suicide Squad," Justin Timberlake, and Her Childhood Obsession With Death