Parties » Time Warp
The Museum of Arts and Design takes a trip back in time.
What: At their young patrons gala, The Museum of Arts and Design honored McDermott & McGough, an artist collective helmed by Irishmen David McDermott and Peter McGough. The pair are known for their historically focused techniques, so the museum rolled back the clock to the 1920s for it’s decadent fete.
When: Monday, May 19th.
Where: The James A. Burden Mansion on Central Park, a Beaux-Arts-era townhouse.
Who: Host committee members like Arden Wohl, Vito Schnabel, and Bettina Prentice were joined by a bevy of New York beauties including Lake Bell, Alexandra Chemla, Vanessa Traina, and Dalia Oberlander.
Why: Cigarette girls, towers of champagne, and live jazz by Dandy Wellington transformed the Burden mansion into a time-machine for the evening—but it wasn’t until the diamond and feather covered crowd arrived that the whole party felt like something dreamed up by Daisy Buchanan.Follow Us:
Follow us on Facebook
- PeopleWhen It Girls Simi and Haze Khadra Graduate
- BeautyWonder Woman Actress Lynda Carter Is a Sunscreen Advocate, Jazz Singer, and Hillary Clinton Fan
- BeautyHow to Get in Head-to-Toe Wedding Shape in Just 10 Days. Seriously.
- Art & DesignStrange Fruit: Is Stephanie Sarley the Betty Tompkins of Instagram?
- CelebritiesScreen Tests - Cara Delevingne on "Suicide Squad," Justin Timberlake, and Her Childhood Obsession With Death