Parties » Time Warp
The Museum of Arts and Design takes a trip back in time.
What: At their young patrons gala, The Museum of Arts and Design honored McDermott & McGough, an artist collective helmed by Irishmen David McDermott and Peter McGough. The pair are known for their historically focused techniques, so the museum rolled back the clock to the 1920s for it’s decadent fete.
When: Monday, May 19th.
Where: The James A. Burden Mansion on Central Park, a Beaux-Arts-era townhouse.
Who: Host committee members like Arden Wohl, Vito Schnabel, and Bettina Prentice were joined by a bevy of New York beauties including Lake Bell, Alexandra Chemla, Vanessa Traina, and Dalia Oberlander.
Why: Cigarette girls, towers of champagne, and live jazz by Dandy Wellington transformed the Burden mansion into a time-machine for the evening—but it wasn’t until the diamond and feather covered crowd arrived that the whole party felt like something dreamed up by Daisy Buchanan.Follow Us:
Follow us on Facebook
- CultureMeet Tei Shi, the Indie Darling Adored by Grimes
- PeopleFrom Caroline Kennedy to Lindsay Lohan, the Best White House Correspondents Dinner Pictures Ever
- BeautyThe Many Faces of the One and Only Kim Chi
- CelebritiesFrom Princess Diana to Kate Moss to Brad and Gwyneth in Love, Dave Benett Captured the ’90s
- Perfect 10Nostalgic for the ’90s? Go Grunge with These 10 Pairs of Boots