Where the Art Is
Saks, Sothebys, and W celebrate the magazine’s Art issue.
What: W’s Editor-in-Chief Stefano Tonchi and Saks’s Chief Marketing Officer Mark Briggs hosted a cocktail party with artists Alex Katz, Rob Pruitt, and Urs Fischer to celebrate W: Art, a special issue of the magazine.
Where: Sotheby’s New York 2nd floor, where highlights from the auction house’s May Contemporary Art Day Auction—including works by Victor Vasarely, Jean Dubuffet, and jewelry Louisa Guiness—were on view.
When: Friday, May 9th
Why: In honor of the occasion, the auction rolled out a special W: Art carpet, featuring pages from the magazine. And, after the frenzy of Frieze and the Met Gala, a simple gathering of cocktails and close friends seemed to be just what the doctor ordered.Follow Us:
Follow us on Facebook
- FashionSee All the Looks from the 2016 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show
- PartiesAt the 2016 Victoria's Secret After Party, It Was All About the Naked Dress
- FashionAlessandra Ambrosio Loves All the Tiny, "Barely There" Outfits She's Worn at the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show
- CultureInside Hood By Air's Epic Miami Pool Party, Art Basel 2016's Most Transgressive Show
- CultureSee Unpublished Polaroids of Madonna's Early, Denim-Heavy Twenties