Where the Art Is
Saks, Sothebys, and W celebrate the magazine’s Art issue.
What: W’s Editor-in-Chief Stefano Tonchi and Saks’s Chief Marketing Officer Mark Briggs hosted a cocktail party with artists Alex Katz, Rob Pruitt, and Urs Fischer to celebrate W: Art, a special issue of the magazine.
Where: Sotheby’s New York 2nd floor, where highlights from the auction house’s May Contemporary Art Day Auction—including works by Victor Vasarely, Jean Dubuffet, and jewelry Louisa Guiness—were on view.
When: Friday, May 9th
Why: In honor of the occasion, the auction rolled out a special W: Art carpet, featuring pages from the magazine. And, after the frenzy of Frieze and the Met Gala, a simple gathering of cocktails and close friends seemed to be just what the doctor ordered.Follow Us:
Follow us on Facebook
- PeopleHow Lourdes Leon, Madonna's 20-Year-Old Daughter, Went from Wearing Juicy Couture to Alexander Wang
- FashionGeorgian Street Style Comes into Its Own at Tbilisi Fashion Week
- PeopleThe Best Celebrity Halloween Costumes of All Time
- CultureTake a Peek at New York's Most Eligible Nudes
- FashionSeoul Fashion Week's Best Streetwise Street Style Isn't Just for Grown-Ups