Where the Art Is
Saks, Sothebys, and W celebrate the magazine’s Art issue.
What: W’s Editor-in-Chief Stefano Tonchi and Saks’s Chief Marketing Officer Mark Briggs hosted a cocktail party with artists Alex Katz, Rob Pruitt, and Urs Fischer to celebrate W: Art, a special issue of the magazine.
Where: Sotheby’s New York 2nd floor, where highlights from the auction house’s May Contemporary Art Day Auction—including works by Victor Vasarely, Jean Dubuffet, and jewelry Louisa Guiness—were on view.
When: Friday, May 9th
Why: In honor of the occasion, the auction rolled out a special W: Art carpet, featuring pages from the magazine. And, after the frenzy of Frieze and the Met Gala, a simple gathering of cocktails and close friends seemed to be just what the doctor ordered.Follow Us:
Follow us on Facebook
- FashionOn the Streets of Milan, It's All Gucci, All the Time
- FashionKitten Heels Are the New It Shoe for Fall
- FashionLauren Hutton Returns to the Runway Hand in Hand with Gigi Hadid at Bottega Veneta Spring 2017
- PartiesChanel Celebrates Lily-Rose Depp as the Face of N°5 L’EAU
- FashionLondon Fashion Week's Street Style Stars Have an Eye for Details