The FIT Foundation held an annual gala in New York.
What: The Fashion Institute of Technology honored the foundation’s chairman Dr. Jay H. Baker; Bergdorf Goodman’s Linda Fargo; and jewelry designer Joan Hornig with a special awards dinner.
When: Monday, June 9th
Where: Cipriani 42nd street in New York.
Who: Lanvin designer Alber Elbaz was on hand to present Fargo with her award, while designers such as Diane von Furstenberg, Carolina Herrera, Dennis Basso, Naeem Khan, Tamara Mellon, and Isabel Toledo sat back and enjoyed a dinner of lobster and lamb.
Why: Several of the designers present are alumni of the institution so were especially delighted to see 2.5 million dollars raised for the FIT Educational Development fund to encourage the next generation.Follow Us:
Follow us on Facebook
- FashionOn the Streets of Milan, It's All Gucci, All the Time
- PartiesColby Jordan's Marriage to Alberto “Tico” Mugrabi Was the Art World Wedding of the Year
- FashionParis Fashion Week's Best Street Style Is All About Dark Layers and Primary Colors
- CultureThe Elgorts in Africa: Exclusive Images From Sophie, Ansel and Arthur's Breathtaking Safari
- Culture18 Artist Selfies That Get Under the Skin