Parties » Next Generation
The FIT Foundation held an annual gala in New York.
What: The Fashion Institute of Technology honored the foundation’s chairman Dr. Jay H. Baker; Bergdorf Goodman’s Linda Fargo; and jewelry designer Joan Hornig with a special awards dinner.
When: Monday, June 9th
Where: Cipriani 42nd street in New York.
Who: Lanvin designer Alber Elbaz was on hand to present Fargo with her award, while designers such as Diane von Furstenberg, Carolina Herrera, Dennis Basso, Naeem Khan, Tamara Mellon, and Isabel Toledo sat back and enjoyed a dinner of lobster and lamb.
Why: Several of the designers present are alumni of the institution so were especially delighted to see 2.5 million dollars raised for the FIT Educational Development fund to encourage the next generation.Follow Us:
Follow us on Facebook
- PeopleWhen It Girls Simi and Haze Khadra Graduate
- BeautyHow to Get in Head-to-Toe Wedding Shape in Just 10 Days. Seriously.
- BeautyWonder Woman Actress Lynda Carter Is a Sunscreen Advocate, Jazz Singer, and Hillary Clinton Fan
- Art & DesignStrange Fruit: Is Stephanie Sarley the Betty Tompkins of Instagram?
- CelebritiesScreen Tests - Cara Delevingne on "Suicide Squad," Justin Timberlake, and Her Childhood Obsession With Death