The FIT Foundation held an annual gala in New York.
What: The Fashion Institute of Technology honored the foundation’s chairman Dr. Jay H. Baker; Bergdorf Goodman’s Linda Fargo; and jewelry designer Joan Hornig with a special awards dinner.
When: Monday, June 9th
Where: Cipriani 42nd street in New York.
Who: Lanvin designer Alber Elbaz was on hand to present Fargo with her award, while designers such as Diane von Furstenberg, Carolina Herrera, Dennis Basso, Naeem Khan, Tamara Mellon, and Isabel Toledo sat back and enjoyed a dinner of lobster and lamb.
Why: Several of the designers present are alumni of the institution so were especially delighted to see 2.5 million dollars raised for the FIT Educational Development fund to encourage the next generation.Follow Us:
Follow us on Facebook
- PeopleExclusive: Kylie Jenner Takes Her Friends On a Very Photogenic Birthday Trip to Turks and Caicos
- People10 Things You Should Know About Bronte Blampied, Justin Bieber's New Girlfriend
- CultureFrom Lake Como to Bali, The Most Luxurious Hotel Pools Around the Globe
- CultureHow a Young Photographer Went From School to Shooting Kylie and Kendall Jenner
- Culture'Top Chef' Host Tom Colicchio Takes Us on an Early Tour of The Beekman, and His New Restaurant Fowler & Wells