Parties » Next Generation
The FIT Foundation held an annual gala in New York.
What: The Fashion Institute of Technology honored the foundation’s chairman Dr. Jay H. Baker; Bergdorf Goodman’s Linda Fargo; and jewelry designer Joan Hornig with a special awards dinner.
When: Monday, June 9th
Where: Cipriani 42nd street in New York.
Who: Lanvin designer Alber Elbaz was on hand to present Fargo with her award, while designers such as Diane von Furstenberg, Carolina Herrera, Dennis Basso, Naeem Khan, Tamara Mellon, and Isabel Toledo sat back and enjoyed a dinner of lobster and lamb.
Why: Several of the designers present are alumni of the institution so were especially delighted to see 2.5 million dollars raised for the FIT Educational Development fund to encourage the next generation.Follow Us:
Follow us on Facebook
- PeopleFrom Caroline Kennedy to Lindsay Lohan, the Best White House Correspondents Dinner Pictures Ever
- CultureMeet Tei Shi, the Indie Darling Adored by Grimes
- Fashion21 Moments That Defined 1990s Fashion
- CelebritiesFrom Princess Diana to Kate Moss to Brad and Gwyneth in Love, Dave Benett Captured the ’90s
- People10 Haute Bohemians Who Live Beautifully—And Make It Look Easy