The FIT Foundation held an annual gala in New York.
What: The Fashion Institute of Technology honored the foundation’s chairman Dr. Jay H. Baker; Bergdorf Goodman’s Linda Fargo; and jewelry designer Joan Hornig with a special awards dinner.
When: Monday, June 9th
Where: Cipriani 42nd street in New York.
Who: Lanvin designer Alber Elbaz was on hand to present Fargo with her award, while designers such as Diane von Furstenberg, Carolina Herrera, Dennis Basso, Naeem Khan, Tamara Mellon, and Isabel Toledo sat back and enjoyed a dinner of lobster and lamb.
Why: Several of the designers present are alumni of the institution so were especially delighted to see 2.5 million dollars raised for the FIT Educational Development fund to encourage the next generation.Follow Us:
Follow us on Facebook
- PartiesAt the 2016 Victoria's Secret After Party, It Was All About the Naked Dress
- FashionSee All the Looks from the 2016 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show
- FashionAlessandra Ambrosio Loves All the Tiny, "Barely There" Outfits She's Worn at the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show
- CultureSee Unpublished Polaroids of Madonna's Early, Denim-Heavy Twenties
- BeautyFrom the '70s to Today: The Evolution of Stevie Nicks' Incredible Rock 'n' Roll Hair