Parties » Leaving a Legacy
Leaving a Legacy
The Gordon Parks Foundation hosts its annual art awards.
Friends of the Gordon Parks Foundation—which carries on the legacy of the philanthropic African-American photographer through progressive art scholarships, educational programs, and archival preservation—trekked downtown on Tuesday night, for the non-profit’s annual art awards gala at Ciprani Wall Street. George Lucas and his wife Mellody Hobson received The Patron of the Arts Award for their significant support of the foundation and were toasted alongside the evening’s other honorees, including designer Vera Wang and artist Lorna Simpson. A lively auction of Parks’s photographs punctuated the decadent dinner with one work leaving in the hands of the night’s host Kasseem Dean (a.k.a. Swizz Beats) and his wife Alicia Keys. But it was a different diva, Janelle Monae, who brought guests like Karlie Kloss to their feet with her mash-up of Jackson 5 classics like “I Want You Back” and “ABC.”Follow Us:
Follow us on Facebook
- CelebritiesCasting Call - Eddie Redmayne as Audrey Hepburn in “Breakfast at Tiffany’s” is Incredible
- Film & TVCasting Call - Margot Robbie Auditions for Marlon Brando’s Role in “On the Waterfront"
- FashionFrench Girl Style: Inès de la Fressange’s Guide to All Things Chic
- PartiesKendall and Kylie Jenner Threw a TriBeCa Loft Party
- CelebritiesCasting Call - Bradley Cooper & Seth Rogen Audition for the Role of Cher in “Clueless"