The Patron of Patrons
Robert De Niro presents Jane Rosenthal with an award.
What: Montblanc celebrated Tribeca Film Festival co-founder Jane Rosenthal’s patronage of the arts with a cocktail party.
When: Tuesday, June 3rd.
Where: The Stephan Weiss Studio in New York City’s West Village.
Who: Robert De Niro, who co-founded the Tribeca Film Festival with Rosenthal, presented her with the award in front of a crowd that included model Selita Ebanks, actor Anthony Mackie, and artist Clifford Ross.
Why: While guests turned up to celebrate Rosenthal’s achievements, sip champagne, and admire pricey pens, they were entertained by Robert De Niro’s playful monologue-style presentation: “Tonight, Jane’s being honored with the prestigious Montblanc award commemorated with a spectacular pen,” he said. “But here, I’m a little bit ahead of her. Many of you remember two years ago, I won the coveted BIC award.” Laugh away.Follow Us:
Follow us on Facebook
- PeoplePeter Dundas on Making Ciara’s One-of-a-Kind Wedding Dress
- PeopleIt's Time to Take Lil Dicky, Hip Hop's Goofball, Seriously
- FashionNot Another Skinny Male Model
- CultureSeeking Gold Once More—Defending Olympic Champion Gabby Douglas Stages a Comeback at 20
- FashionAt Josefinas, Ballet Flats with a Twist