A solstice celebration with really big art.
What: Storm King Art Center’s annual Summer Solstice party
When: Saturday, June 14th
Where: The sculpture park’s lush 500-acre campus cushioned against New York’s Hudson Valley
Who: Storm King president John Stern hosted artists, collectors, trustees and friendly supporters.
Why: As if an epic new installation by Virginia Overton (a 488-foot brass tube) and a colossal show of the work of Zhang Huan (six sculptures, including the 28-foot tall Three Legged Buddha) were not big enough draws, a farm-to-table dinner was served by Back Forty restaurateur Peter Hoffman under a perfectly dusky sky in di Suvero Fields.Follow Us:
Follow us on Facebook
- FashionSee All the Looks from the 2016 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show
- PartiesAt the 2016 Victoria's Secret After Party, It Was All About the Naked Dress
- FashionAlessandra Ambrosio Loves All the Tiny, "Barely There" Outfits She's Worn at the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show
- FashionBella Hadid Lives Out the Ultimate Breakup Fantasy On the Runway at the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show
- CultureSee Unpublished Polaroids of Madonna's Early, Denim-Heavy Twenties