A solstice celebration with really big art.
What: Storm King Art Center’s annual Summer Solstice party
When: Saturday, June 14th
Where: The sculpture park’s lush 500-acre campus cushioned against New York’s Hudson Valley
Who: Storm King president John Stern hosted artists, collectors, trustees and friendly supporters.
Why: As if an epic new installation by Virginia Overton (a 488-foot brass tube) and a colossal show of the work of Zhang Huan (six sculptures, including the 28-foot tall Three Legged Buddha) were not big enough draws, a farm-to-table dinner was served by Back Forty restaurateur Peter Hoffman under a perfectly dusky sky in di Suvero Fields.Follow Us:
Follow us on Facebook
- PeopleExclusive: Kylie Jenner Takes Her Friends On a Very Photogenic Birthday Trip to Turks and Caicos
- BeautyPut Down the Gloss: Ten Non-Sticky Lip Oils
- CultureHow a Young Photographer Went From School to Shooting Kylie and Kendall Jenner
- PeopleSofia Richie, Justin Bieber's Rumored Girlfriend, Loves Monchromatic Outfits and Bold Braids
- People10 Things You Should Know About Bronte Blampied, Justin Bieber's New Girlfriend