Parties » Summer Storm
A solstice celebration with really big art.
What: Storm King Art Center’s annual Summer Solstice party
When: Saturday, June 14th
Where: The sculpture park’s lush 500-acre campus cushioned against New York’s Hudson Valley
Who: Storm King president John Stern hosted artists, collectors, trustees and friendly supporters.
Why: As if an epic new installation by Virginia Overton (a 488-foot brass tube) and a colossal show of the work of Zhang Huan (six sculptures, including the 28-foot tall Three Legged Buddha) were not big enough draws, a farm-to-table dinner was served by Back Forty restaurateur Peter Hoffman under a perfectly dusky sky in di Suvero Fields.Follow Us:
Follow us on Facebook
- People10 Haute Bohemians Who Live Beautifully—And Make It Look Easy
- CultureHow Winnie Harlow Went from America’s Next Top Model to Beyoncé’s “Lemonade”
- BeautyInside the Unofficial Gym of Victoria’s Secret Angels
- Fashion21 Moments That Defined 1990s Fashion
- PeopleFrom Caroline Kennedy to Lindsay Lohan, the Best White House Correspondents Dinner Pictures Ever