A solstice celebration with really big art.
What: Storm King Art Center’s annual Summer Solstice party
When: Saturday, June 14th
Where: The sculpture park’s lush 500-acre campus cushioned against New York’s Hudson Valley
Who: Storm King president John Stern hosted artists, collectors, trustees and friendly supporters.
Why: As if an epic new installation by Virginia Overton (a 488-foot brass tube) and a colossal show of the work of Zhang Huan (six sculptures, including the 28-foot tall Three Legged Buddha) were not big enough draws, a farm-to-table dinner was served by Back Forty restaurateur Peter Hoffman under a perfectly dusky sky in di Suvero Fields.Follow Us:
Follow us on Facebook
- CelebritiesNo Wonder Taylor Swift is Smitten with Tom Hiddleston
- CelebritiesGet to Know Tom Hiddleston, Taylor Swift’s New Boyfriend
- Film & TVAbbey Lee on Neon Demon and Why Modeling Isn’t “Humane”
- FashionThe Story Behind Rihanna’s Sparkly “This Is What You Came For” Jumpsuit
- CelebritiesIt’s the Hot Dads Who Rule the Red Carpet Today