Parties » Art World Coachella
Art World Coachella
ArtBinder and Lancôme throw a bohemian soiree to celebrate the launch of Viewer.
On a humid Tuesday night, the newest generation of it girls, artists, and entrepreneurs made their way to Chelsea for a bohemian rooftop soiree to celebrate the most recent accomplishment of one of their own: the launch of Alexandra Chemla’s ArtBinder Viewer, a free art app that enables users to keep tabs on the latest shows from their favorite galleries and artists. VIPs beat the heat on the McKittrick Hotel’s lush rooftop garden, which designer Madeline Weinrib transformed into a Moroccan-inspired enclave complete with a colorful patchwork of rugs, twinkling tea lights, and bright blooms. Decked out in fresh floral crowns, guests like Indre Rockefeller, Marissa Sackler, and Claire Distenfeld sipped rosé while the sun set over the Hudson. “Not only is Alex my good friend and I’ll celebrate anything she does with her, but I love what she’s made,” said Jemima Kirke, who spent the night chatting with friends like artists Johnny Rosza and Scooter LaForge. A performance by songstress Katie Shecter brought guests to their feet and Chemla looked completely relaxed surrounded by friends and family including her sister Alison, founder of the jewelry line Alison Lou. “It’s a celebration of something that everyone here is a part of in my mind,” said Chemla. “There is nothing that I love more than being surrounded by ArtBinder’s extended family.”Follow Us:
Follow us on Facebook
- BeautyHow to Get in Head-to-Toe Wedding Shape in Just 10 Days. Seriously.
- FashionMeet the French Designer Redefining the Travel Wardrobe
- Art & DesignStrange Fruit: Is Stephanie Sarley the Betty Tompkins of Instagram?
- CelebritiesScreen Tests - Cara Delevingne on "Suicide Squad," Justin Timberlake, and Her Childhood Obsession With Death
- CultureDaphne Guinness: Always a Strange Bird, Now With Songs