MoMA PS1 and the Rockaway Artists Alliance host the opening of the first Rockaway! Arts Festival.
When: Sunday, June 28th
Where: Fort Tilden and the Rockaway Beach Surf Club in Brooklyn.
Who: PS1 Director Klaus Biesenbach, Agnes Gund and Michael Stipe welcomed Patti Smith and James Franco to the stage for a reading of Walt Whitman’s poetry, after which Smith performed alongside guitarist Lenny Kaye.
Why: What better way to celebrate the reopening of Fort Tilden which was damaged by Superstorm Sandy than a day of art and partying at the beach? After the sun went down, the festivities kept going at the Rockaway Beach Surf Club, although the real VIPs stole away to Biesenbach’s house around the corner.Follow Us:
Follow us on Facebook
- CultureHow Kendall Jenner and Gigi Hadid Became Humanoid Creatures for W
- PeopleKendall Jenner, Revealed: The 20-Year-Old Model Loves Showing Off Her Body
- PeopleHow Lourdes Leon, Madonna's 20-Year-Old Daughter, Went from Wearing Juicy Couture to Alexander Wang
- CultureWho's Who: Meet All the Beautiful People of Seoul Fashion Week
- CultureTake a Peek at New York's Most Eligible Nudes