Parties » Rock Out
MoMA PS1 and the Rockaway Artists Alliance host the opening of the first Rockaway! Arts Festival.
When: Sunday, June 28th
Where: Fort Tilden and the Rockaway Beach Surf Club in Brooklyn.
Who: PS1 Director Klaus Biesenbach, Agnes Gund and Michael Stipe welcomed Patti Smith and James Franco to the stage for a reading of Walt Whitman’s poetry, after which Smith performed alongside guitarist Lenny Kaye.
Why: What better way to celebrate the reopening of Fort Tilden which was damaged by Superstorm Sandy than a day of art and partying at the beach? After the sun went down, the festivities kept going at the Rockaway Beach Surf Club, although the real VIPs stole away to Biesenbach’s house around the corner.Follow Us:
Follow us on Facebook
- BeautyHow to Get in Head-to-Toe Wedding Shape in Just 10 Days. Seriously.
- FashionMeet the French Designer Redefining the Travel Wardrobe
- CultureDaphne Guinness: Always a Strange Bird, Now With Songs
- FashionThe Montauk Moment: The Best Swimsuits of Summer Are Revealing In All the Right Ways
- Art & DesignStrange Fruit: Is Stephanie Sarley the Betty Tompkins of Instagram?