MoMA PS1 and the Rockaway Artists Alliance host the opening of the first Rockaway! Arts Festival.
When: Sunday, June 28th
Where: Fort Tilden and the Rockaway Beach Surf Club in Brooklyn.
Who: PS1 Director Klaus Biesenbach, Agnes Gund and Michael Stipe welcomed Patti Smith and James Franco to the stage for a reading of Walt Whitman’s poetry, after which Smith performed alongside guitarist Lenny Kaye.
Why: What better way to celebrate the reopening of Fort Tilden which was damaged by Superstorm Sandy than a day of art and partying at the beach? After the sun went down, the festivities kept going at the Rockaway Beach Surf Club, although the real VIPs stole away to Biesenbach’s house around the corner.Follow Us:
Follow us on Facebook
- CultureOn Kanye West’s “Famous” Video, From the Artist Who Inspired It
- CelebritiesIn Bed with TV’s Hottest Stars: Tom Hiddleston, Sarah Paulson & More
- CultureAll the Famous Faces in Kanye West’s “Famous”
- CelebritiesTim Burton’s New Muse Eva Green Swoops Into the Spotlight
- CelebritiesScreen Tests - Kit Harington Auditioned for "Game of Thrones" With a Black Eye