MoMA PS1 and the Rockaway Artists Alliance host the opening of the first Rockaway! Arts Festival.
When: Sunday, June 28th
Where: Fort Tilden and the Rockaway Beach Surf Club in Brooklyn.
Who: PS1 Director Klaus Biesenbach, Agnes Gund and Michael Stipe welcomed Patti Smith and James Franco to the stage for a reading of Walt Whitman’s poetry, after which Smith performed alongside guitarist Lenny Kaye.
Why: What better way to celebrate the reopening of Fort Tilden which was damaged by Superstorm Sandy than a day of art and partying at the beach? After the sun went down, the festivities kept going at the Rockaway Beach Surf Club, although the real VIPs stole away to Biesenbach’s house around the corner.Follow Us:
Follow us on Facebook
- BeautyKenzo's First Perfume Commercial is a Parody of Every Other Perfume Commerical
- CultureKim Kardashian Unveils Kanye West's "Famous" Sculpture, and Robot Kanye Makes an Appearance
- CultureKim Kardashian Unveils Kanye West's "Famous" Sculpture At Blum & Poe Gallery in Los Angeles
- PeopleMTV VMAs 2016: Beyoncé, Amber Rose, and All the Rest of the Red Carpet Looks
- FashionAfropunk 2016 Street Style Makes Other Music Festivals Look Lazy