Parties » Art Amongst the Pines
Art Amongst the Pines
The Watermill Center hosts its annual summer gala.
What: For its 21st annual summer benefit, the Watermill Center hosted a mystical evening of art and performances amongst the pines, honoring art patron Sheikha Paula Al-Sabah for her outstanding contributions to the community, with a silent auction hosted by Artsy. Before a large al fresco dinner, guests were treated to new work from more than 100 artists, including Robert Wilson’s Portraits of Lady Gaga, which made its US premier, and site-specific installations by Baboo Liao and Annick Lavalee-Benny.
When: Saturday, July 26th
Where: The Watermill Center in the Hamptons.
Who: The event brought together a diverse crowd including artists like Hunt Slonem, Jim Jarmusch, and Daniel Arsham, as well as guests like the model Constance Jablonski, designer Yigal Azrouel, and Hamptons-based tastemaker Tripoli Patterson.
Why: Always a seasonal highlight, the gala didn’t disappoint serving up the perfect cocktail of whimsy, wonder, and champagne all against the backdrop of an idyllic summer evening.Follow Us:
Follow us on Facebook
- BeautyGeneration Athleisure: How 21-Year-Olds Can Stop The Clock, Really
- CultureDaphne Guinness: Always a Strange Bird, Now With Songs
- FashionBrazilian Bombshells Take the Sunniest Selfies
- CelebritiesScreen Tests - Cara Delevingne on "Suicide Squad," Justin Timberlake, and Her Childhood Obsession With Death
- Art & DesignStrange Fruit: Is Stephanie Sarley the Betty Tompkins of Instagram?