Parties » A Family Affair
A Family Affair
Director Ira Sachs celebrates the premiere of his new film Love Is Strange.
What: The Cinema Society and Grey Goose’s screening of director Ira Sachs’s new indie romance Love Is Strange starring Alfred Molina and John Lithgow.
When: Monday, August 18th.
Where: The screening was held at the Tribeca Grand Hotel followed by an after-party on the rooftop of The James Hotel.
Why: After watching Sachs’s New-York-centric film, guests couldn’t help but feel a heightened sense of appreciation for the glowing city views, especially on such a perfect late-summer night. The presence of the director’s family including his 102-year-old grandmother added to the intimacy of the occasion—and made the movie seem all the more personal.Follow Us:
Follow us on Facebook
- PeopleFrom Caroline Kennedy to Lindsay Lohan, the Best White House Correspondents Dinner Pictures Ever
- CultureMeet Tei Shi, the Indie Darling Adored by Grimes
- Fashion21 Moments That Defined 1990s Fashion
- CelebritiesFrom Princess Diana to Kate Moss to Brad and Gwyneth in Love, Dave Benett Captured the ’90s
- People10 Haute Bohemians Who Live Beautifully—And Make It Look Easy