Bel Powley and Alexander Skarsgard celebrate their new indie film, The Diary of a Teenage Girl.
On Wednesday Night at New York’s Landmark Sunshine Theater, the Cinema Society hosted a special screening of The Diary of a Teenage Girl, the charming, coming-of-age drama by first-time director Marielle Heller. An adaptation of author and illustrator Phoebe Gloeckner’s graphic novel of the same name, the film stars Bel Powley, Abby Wait, and Alexander Skarsgard—who all joined Heller on the red carpet. “I’m so happy to be here,” gushed Heller before the screening. “Phoebe’s book is the most honest account of being a teenage girl I’ve ever encountered. Now you are going to see the film version of that.” When the lights came up, guests made their way to Jimmy at the James Hotel, where Skarsgard’s girlfriend Alicia Vikander and actress Imogen Poots were among the guests and musical duo Icona Pop made a surprise appearance. No teenagers in sight.Follow Us:
Follow us on Facebook
- PeopleHow Lourdes Leon, Madonna's 20-Year-Old Daughter, Went from Wearing Juicy Couture to Alexander Wang
- FashionGeorgian Street Style Comes into Its Own at Tbilisi Fashion Week
- CultureWho's Who: Meet All the Beautiful People of Seoul Fashion Week
- FashionHappy Birthday, Hillary! A Tribute to Hillary Clinton's Style Evolution, from Skirt Suit to Pantsuit
- PeopleThe Best Celebrity Halloween Costumes of All Time