The 14+ Foundation and The Drawing Center get together to celebrate the artist Rashid Johnson.
When: Thursday, October 2
Where: The restaurant Dirty French, in New York.
Who: Hosts Annabelle Selldorf, Vito Schnabel, Jeff Zalaznick, and the collector Joseph Mizzi, whose 14+ Foundation had its annual benefit earlier in the evening, were joined by the likes of gallerist David Kordansky and Drawing Center curator Claire Gilman, accompanied by her mother, the legendary literary agent Lynn Nesbit, and of course Johnson and his wife, the artist Sheree Hovsepian.
Why: To discover, to our delight, that Johnson’s mom, Cheryl Johnson-Odim, is as charismatic as her son. She gave an effusive toast to Rashid’s new solo show at the Drawing Center and his work with 14+, which is building schools in Zambia, Africa. The next one, to open in 2018, is designed by Selldorf’s firm, with a mural by Johnson—with the help of a few of the local schoolchildren.Follow Us:
Follow us on Facebook
- PeopleHow Lourdes Leon, Madonna's 20-Year-Old Daughter, Went from Wearing Juicy Couture to Alexander Wang
- FashionGeorgian Street Style Comes into Its Own at Tbilisi Fashion Week
- PeopleThe Best Celebrity Halloween Costumes of All Time
- CultureWho's Who: Meet All the Beautiful People of Seoul Fashion Week
- FashionSeoul Fashion Week's Best Streetwise Street Style Isn't Just for Grown-Ups