What About Bob?
Art world, plus Zachary Quinto, honors Robert Ryman.
When: Sunday, November 8th
Where: Artbeam in New York
Who: Robert Ryman, Zachary Quinto, Miles McMillan, Francesco Clemente, Brice Marden, Flavin Judd, and Roni Horn.
Why: Bob, Bob, Bob. It was all about Bob, as the artist Robert Ryman is affectionately called by associates and family, at the Dia Art Foundation’s fall gala on Sunday night in New York. Ryman, who will receive his first retrospective in the United States in more than 20 years in December at the museum’s Chelsea outpost, has been a hugely influential figure in the art world since the postwar period for his austere, monochromatic paintings. In introducing him, the artist Roni Horn told a story of the sage advice she received from the master when she was just a young student at Yale University in 1978: “We got to talking, how difficult art is, that it doesn’t come easy. And, I think he did this as a form of comfort, he said, ‘You know, Roni, it’s only going to get worse.” A beat. “Basically, he said, ‘Strap yourself in because if you really want to do this, you gotta get tough.’”Follow Us:
Follow us on Facebook
- FashionSee All the Looks from the 2016 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show
- PartiesAt the 2016 Victoria's Secret After Party, It Was All About the Naked Dress
- FashionAlessandra Ambrosio Loves All the Tiny, "Barely There" Outfits She's Worn at the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show
- FashionBella Hadid Lives Out the Ultimate Breakup Fantasy On the Runway at the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show
- CultureSee Unpublished Polaroids of Madonna's Early, Denim-Heavy Twenties