Basel's Boogie Nights
A party on Wednesday night took place at a pop-up roller disco in the middle of the beach.
What: A roller disco party in the middle of Miami Beach.
When: Wednesday, December 3rd.
Where: The beach at the Faena Hotel.
Who: Asia Chow, Kyle DeWoody, Jean Pigozzi, Alexander Gilkes, Max Osterweis, Kate Foley, and Alan Faena, of course, in his signature top hat.
Why: On the third night of Art Basel week, the new Faena hotel set up a pop-up roller skating rink. Why not? Though perhaps stealing a page from the playbook of Ian Schrager – who has an ice skating rink at his Edition hotel – a roller disco is in keeping with the excess both the city and this week in particular are infamous for, and, if the previous days were any indication, that the hotel is hoping to turn into a signature. By then, it had already played host to two performances by the singer Andra Day, a surprise appearance by Rossy de Palma, and a lavish opening night party on Tuesday that drew the world’s best-known advocate of the newsboy cap, Leonardo DiCaprio. This beach party, thrown with W, wouldn’t have been complete without some gaudy 70′s accents. And so, there were even roller girls in gold body suits.Follow Us:
Follow us on Facebook
- PeopleHow Lourdes Leon, Madonna's 20-Year-Old Daughter, Went from Wearing Juicy Couture to Alexander Wang
- CultureWho's Who: Meet All the Beautiful People of Seoul Fashion Week
- CultureTake a Peek at New York's Most Eligible Nudes
- FashionGeorgian Street Style Comes into Its Own at Tbilisi Fashion Week
- PeopleThe Best Celebrity Halloween Costumes of All Time