Misha Nonoo Invited All Her Friends Over for Valentine's Day
The fashion designer presented her Spring 2016 collection on Instagram--and hosted a cocktail party at home in celebration.
Misha Nonoo is no stranger to the unconventional fashion show. Last season, the New York-based designer debuted her collection on Instagram. This season, she held a Valentine’s Day cocktail party at her Manhattan apartment, co-hosted by RewardStyle founder Amber Venz Box. While most New York Fashion Week parties are guest-list only, Nonoo encouraged editors attending to bring dates. “So grab someone you love and let’s celebrate,” the invite implored.
And while many guests took her up on the offer, others used the opportunity to hang with their BFFs. Singer Caroline Vreeland, who performed mid-party, was hanging out with her friend Shea Marie all evening. Photographer Tamu McPherson and stylist Shala Monroque were by each other’s side. And that’s exactly what Nonoo wanted. Last year, Nonoo’s husband, Paddle8 founder Alexander Gilkes, was out of town on Valentine’s Day, but a close girlfriend was visiting. “I did my [Fall 2015] show, and then we just hung out and went for a late lunch,” she recalled. “We had too many drinks and got silly together. I love spending Valentine’s Day with friends — I just don’t know if I always remember them.”
This particular one, with all of her friends — including models Karolina Kurkova, Lindsay Ellingson, and Lais Ribeiro; jewelry designer Monique Pean; and It girls Cleo Wade, Veronika Heilbrunner, and Pari Ehsan — might be harder to forget.Follow Us:
Follow us on Facebook
- FashionAdriana Lima Has Walked in a Record 16 Victoria's Secret Fashion Shows, and Is "Still Going Strong"
- FashionSee All the Looks from the 2016 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show
- PeopleMadonna Gave Art Basel the Debauched, Celebrity-Drenched Party Miami's High Rollers Deserved
- CultureInside Hood By Air's Epic Miami Pool Party, Art Basel 2016's Most Transgressive Show
- PartiesAt the 2016 Victoria's Secret After Party, It Was All About the Naked Dress