It girls are leaving their imprint on fashion.
Having long served as muses to designers, artistically inclined It girls have lately been picking up extra work making prints for them. After discovering Alice Lancaster on Instagram, Calvin Klein women’s creative director, Francisco Costa, tapped the Brooklyn painter for his resort 2016 collection. Variations of her figurative drawings cover a white cashmere T-shirt dress, a two-tone leather skirt, and a black leather trenchcoat. The Guatemalan New York–based illustrator Marcela Gutiérrez, who started out hand-painting showpieces for Alexander McQueen, applied her watercolors to Isa Arfen’s spring 2015 collection. And the Los Angeles illustrator and model Langley Fox Hemingway, the self-professed “weird person” in her famous family, has collaborated with Sportmax on the brand’s latest Carte Blanche collection, which features T-shirts, dresses, and sweatshirts embellished with her nature-inspired doodles.Follow Us:
- FashionAdriana Lima Has Walked in a Record 16 Victoria's Secret Fashion Shows, and Is "Still Going Strong"
- FashionSee All the Looks from the 2016 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show
- PeopleMadonna Gave Art Basel the Debauched, Celebrity-Drenched Party Miami's High Rollers Deserved
- CultureInside Hood By Air's Epic Miami Pool Party, Art Basel 2016's Most Transgressive Show
- FashionFor Victoria's Secret Angel Jasmine Tookes, the $3 Million Fantasy Bra Was "A Little Bit Too Comfortable"