It girls are leaving their imprint on fashion.
Having long served as muses to designers, artistically inclined It girls have lately been picking up extra work making prints for them. After discovering Alice Lancaster on Instagram, Calvin Klein women’s creative director, Francisco Costa, tapped the Brooklyn painter for his resort 2016 collection. Variations of her figurative drawings cover a white cashmere T-shirt dress, a two-tone leather skirt, and a black leather trenchcoat. The Guatemalan New York–based illustrator Marcela Gutiérrez, who started out hand-painting showpieces for Alexander McQueen, applied her watercolors to Isa Arfen’s spring 2015 collection. And the Los Angeles illustrator and model Langley Fox Hemingway, the self-professed “weird person” in her famous family, has collaborated with Sportmax on the brand’s latest Carte Blanche collection, which features T-shirts, dresses, and sweatshirts embellished with her nature-inspired doodles.Follow Us:
- PeopleHow Lourdes Leon, Madonna's 20-Year-Old Daughter, Went from Wearing Juicy Couture to Alexander Wang
- CultureWho's Who: Meet All the Beautiful People of Seoul Fashion Week
- CultureTake a Peek at New York's Most Eligible Nudes
- FashionGeorgian Street Style Comes into Its Own at Tbilisi Fashion Week
- PeopleThe Best Celebrity Halloween Costumes of All Time