7) Good Night Estée Lauder Night Repair has been a part of women’s bedtime beauty routines for more than 25 years. The latest edition of the antiaging serum, Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex, aims to help cells operate more efficiently by using two key components: amino acids that regulate so-called clock genes, which synchronize DNA repair overnight, and AGT, an enzyme that goes after damage caused by smoke and pollution. $74.50; esteelauder.com
8) Double Duty Sticking a brush or comb into a headful of curls usually leads to frizz, breakage and bad hair days. Ouidad Double Detangler claims to have worked out all the kinks. The patented tool, which can be used on wet or dry hair, features two identical combs stacked on top of each other. The extrawide teeth are rounded (so as not to irritate the scalp) and spaced for optimal curl detangling and defining. $24; ouidad.com
9) Golden Boy Fans of famed hairstylist Oribe’s original colored pomade in the retro tin will be pleased as punch about his latest launch, 24K Gold Pomade. The deep golden styling balm has gotten a major makeover, right down to its gilded jar. The tint is more subtle, adding a slight sheen to hair, and the less-sticky formula is fortified with provitamin B5 and UV protection. $49; at Bergdorf Goodman, New York.
10) So Over Exposure Despite one’s best efforts, it’s hard to escape summer without a little sun damage. Kinerase targets hyperpigmentation (i.e., sunspots and freckles), uneven skin tone and wrinkles with its new PhotoFacials Sun Damage Reversal System. In addition to several lightening agents, the three-part line’s Day Moisturizer with SPF 50 and Night Moisturizer contain kinetin, the brand’s signature collagen-boosting and antioxidant plant extract. $40 to $88; at Sephora.
11) The Blues Brushes Saturated blue hues look just as unexpectedly chic on makeup tools as on eyelids. Lancôme Declaring Indigo Brush Set challenges the status quo with two-tone bristles in brilliant indigo and jet-black. $52 (with makeup bag); at Nordstrom from July 17 to August 2.