It’s all about ease this time of year. Here, a spate of new products to simplify and refine your beauty routine.
1) Into the Wild “Calendula, sage, olive leaf and thyme” doesn’t have quite the same ring as the Simon and Garfunkel classic, but this quartet of Greek-grown botanicals infuses Sponge Skincare Gel Katharistiko cleanser with antiseptic and antioxidant properties. $30; at Barneys New York.
2) Stay a While Faux towheads and pseudo-brunettes can preserve their color in a natural way with Giovanni Cosmetics Colorflage organic shampoos and conditioners. The five-shade range includes Perfectly Platinum, which keeps platinum blond and gray hair from fading with white raspberry extract, and Remarkably Red, which nourishes and intensifies flame-hued manes with goji berry, pomegranate and cranberry extracts. $8.99 each; giovannicosmetics.com
3) A Cut Above Nothing’s tougher than re-creating just-left-the-salon hair. But it’s worth a shot now that HerCut has developed Catalyst, a line of styling products that help hair achieve its desired shape. The Bob, for example, uses weighted molecules to push ends forward, maintaining a clean, geometric look, while the positively charged molecules in The Blunt attract strands to one another, creating a solid shape. $22; hercut.com
4) Not-So-Tricky Teal Laura Mercier Satinée Crème Eye Colour in Teal Cashmere is the chameleon of cream shadows. Worn in one sheer layer, it’s a subtle veil of green, blue and gray. As an opaque base, it imparts a moodier, rock ’n’ roll vibe. $22; lauramercier.com
5) Chew Toy Aromatherapy zen and candy-store cute come together in the form of grown-up gumballs from Origins. The minty Peace of Mind is already a hit; now the eco-friendly company is debuting Gloomaway, a grapefruit-infused gum, which has a sophisticated taste and a lofty claim: “immediate happiness.” $5; origins.com
6) Love Is in the Air KenzoAmour Eau de Toilette Florale smells as dreamy as it looks. At first spritz, the sweet-yet-fresh notes of grapefruit and black currant dominate, but as the fragrance lingers on skin, feminine white blooms—frangipani blossom, gardenia and rosebud—emerge. $75; at Bloomingdale’s.