Kate Moss's beauty secrets? Uhhh, just simply being Kate Moss in the first place, apparently. Despite being a top model for close to three decades now, the 43-year-old model certainly hasn't been scouring the globe for exotic skincare products nor keeping up on the latest fitness fads. In fact, she's admitted that she's only now just discovering what all this "health and wellness" business is about. In a new interview with *The Guardian*, she admits she's only recently begun to regularly see the inside of a gym and sounds frankly amazed that she's actually juicing now. In fact, she's still a newcomer to this whole idea of eating salads. Skin care? Uh, she's barely got time for it. Hair care? Still not something she's eager to get too advanced with. Even as some people book three SoulCycle classes a week and slather $150 creams on their face each and every night with the goal of looking like Moss, Moss herself is perhaps refreshingly candid about her own routines. She even admits she's only recently decided that she can't wear makeup to bed. If anything, Moss's routine should make anyone else who feels a bit lazy about keeping up with all the latest self care crazes feel a bit of relief.
Here, a selection of Moss's most relatable quotes from the Q+A.
1. On healthy eating: " I’ve really noticed an improvement since I’ve been more ‘on it’ with food–like eating salads and all that stuff–I never used to really eat salads. And now I’m like, juicing!”
Yes, "juicing" is in italics as per The Guardian, as if Moss can hardly believe it herself.
2. On cooking: "I do cook, but not as much as I’d like to because I’m busy, but I cook a good roast. I do good breakfasts—eggs are my forte."
Honestly, despite how easy all those food tutorial videos make it look, who has the time?
3. On not getting caught up with too many skincare products: "I couldn’t be bothered with loads of products and I’d get them all mixed up and not know what I was doing. I haven’t got the time or the inclination to sit there for ages, putting creams on my face."
Has anyone thought that maybe the reason all those "anti-aging" products might work is because they take up so much of your time they prevent you from actually going out and doing stuff that might age you?
4. On sleeping in makeup: "I’ve been to bed in my makeup on occasions but I wouldn’t make a habit of it, not now. You can always tell the next day. It’s not a good look.”
Indeed, it's not.
5. On her actual skincare routine: "I’ll do a cleanser and a serum and a moisturiser and that’s it."
Though, she adds she does occasionally do a face mask every once in a while, though she's certainly not someone who is doing them multiple times a week.
6. On finally enjoying the gym: "I’ve never been a gym bunny or anything like that. I was always, like, ‘Ugh.’ It made me feel ill, but now I’ve actually started working out. I’m really quite into it. I’m at very early stages, but I’ve joined a gym and all that, and it’s made me feel really good."
See, all it takes from going from "ugh" to "really good" is apparently a bit of determination. Good to know.
7. On hair care: "I don’t really do any moisturisation or hair treatments or anything. I’m very low maintenance with hair. I’m not really there yet."
Maybe she will be some day though. One step at a time. She's only just discovered juicing after all.
8. On the things she actually enjoys: "Makeup, I love. Even more when I’m not working. I like doing my own makeup and playing. I love a dark eye, love makeup generally. I just like dressing up. It’s a passion of mine.”
9. On what might be her most important self care tip of all: "Social media is just not me. I’ve never really liked it—that whole thing of ‘Look at me!’"
Maybe that's why she only occasionally does face masks: she feels no need to post picture of them to her 'Gram.
Of course, one doesn't have to finish the query of "maybe she's born with it, maybe it's..." Kate Moss was definitely born with it. She's Kate Moss.
Photographers “Always Ask” Kate Moss to Take Her Clothes Off: